banner (plural banners)
- A flag or standard used by a military commander, monarch or nation.
- Any large sign, especially if constructed of soft material or fabric.
- The mayor hung a banner across Main Street to commemorate the town"s 100th anniversary.
- A large piece of silk or other cloth, with a device or motto, extended on a crosspiece, and borne in a procession, or suspended in some conspicuous place.
- By extension, a cause or purpose; a campaign or movement.
- They usually make their case under the banner of environmentalism.
- A type of advertisement in a web page, usually taking the form of a graphic or animation above or alongside the content. Contrast popup, interstitial.
- (heraldry) The principal standard of a knight.
6 letters in word "banner": A B E N N R.
No anagrams for banner found in this word list.
Words found within banner: